AWS or Amazon Web Services is one of the most exhaustive and extensively used cloud computing platforms that offers 200+ fully-featured services from data centers worldwide. Over the years, it has developed a strong consumer base, including start-ups, big enterprises, and top government agencies, all using AWS to manage expenses, become more agile, and be innovative.
With the help of this article, we will bring to you the details that will help you understand AWS better.
What is AWS all about
AWS is an amalgamation of various cloud computing devices and services. AWS comprises of three products primarily, which are:
- EC2: Virtual Machine Service of Amazon
- Glacier: a low-cost cloud storage service
- S3: storage system of Amazon
AWS has created a niche for itself almost everywhere, spanning 245 nations and territories and presently giving tough competition to its counterparts. According to one of the recent reports, in the 1st quarter of 2021, AWS accounted for one-third of the market at 32.4%, leaving behind Azure at 20% and Google cloud at 9%.
What has AWS to offer
AWS enables businesses of varying sizes to develop applications using methods that are much more flexible, scalable, and reliable than conventional methods. AWS offers 50+ services, including infrastructure services like storage options, computing power, databases, networking. These services are available whenever required and can be accessed within seconds as you pay for them.
The salient features available via AWS are enhanced security, encryption, server configurations, database engines, and big data tools, enabling companies to focus solely on core business without worrying anything about the infrastructure. AWS ensures security using AWS IAM or Identity and Access Management which controls user access to sensitive information.
Features of AWS
AWS has several outstanding features that make it one of the most popular cloud computing platforms. Let’s get into the details of its features:
- Flexibility: AWS is much more flexible than the conventional IT models and gives us the flexibility to opt for the programming language of our choice, programming models, and operating system that will work best for our project. Because of this feature, we need not acquire new skills for adapting to new technologies. This level of flexibility of AWS allows organizations to deliver products on time, using the latest technologies proving that AWS is a true asset for any organization.
- Cost-effectiveness: AWS offers no additional cost and long-term commitment for developing and deploying applications. With the help of AWS, you can easily scale up or scale down the production of applications as per the changing demand. AWs gives you instant access to resources and allows you to respond to transformations quicker, taking on new business challenges and generating massive revenue at a low cost.
- Scalability and Elasticity: Due to the high scalability of AWS, you can easily scale resources up or down as per the changing demand, while its elasticity allows you to distribute incoming traffic across various targets like Amazon EC2 instances, IP addresses, containers, and Lambda functions and manage the overall load.
- Security: AWS offers a scalable cloud-computing platform with end-to-end privacy and end-to-end security. AWS takes care of your data’s integrity, confidentiality, and availability, making it one of the most secure cloud computing platforms.
How can AWS help to grow your business size?
AWS offers outstanding support and services to start-ups, including programs like AWS Activate that allow training and hands-on experience for getting the required resources for building, launching, and growing brand new business. Both start-ups and established businesses can equally benefit from AWS. They can enhance their online presence by using Elastic Beanstalk, a product facilitating users to develop web pages, host websites, and create and register website domains.
In the present world, when everything is on mobile, AWS comes to a great help as it is well equipped for creating mobile-based applications, configuring app features by developing user authentication, backend logic, push notifications, data storage, content delivery, and analytics. Furthermore, users can test their apps on real mobile devices for enhancing performance.
Coming to storage, AWS allows companies to store data of various sizes. Since AWS supports big data, companies can easily and quickly scale any big-data-based app, including clickstream analytics, fraud detection, data warehousing, recommendation engines, serverless computing, and IoT processing.
AWS is bringing considerable profits to Amazon, and the services offered by it are genuinely outstanding, bringing substantial transformations in the cloud computing world. Through its cheap cloud computing products and services, AWS is offering highly affordable and scalable services for recent start-ups and the Fortune 500 organizations.